Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

Hannah and I just wrote her letter to Santa. We have to stick it in the mail tomorrow. It goes like this (in Hannah's exact words):

"Dear Santa,

Please, Santa, bring me a elf.** I hope you do bring me one. And if you do send me a elf, I'll be so happy if you do. Thank you for all the presents last year. And thank you for these presents:"

And she goes on to list 27 various gifts. Too many for me to type up here... But, have no fear, they range from a $12.00 play dough ice cream maker to a $300 cedar outdoor playhouse. I swear, it's nicer than our house!

Needless to say, she is very excited about this season and I can't wait to experience it with her and her brother. They are such a joy and have definitely made it on the 'nice list' this year. I love them so much and only wish they could get every single toy their heart desires!!

**On a side note - she is asking for an elf because apparently Santa will send you an elf for the Christmas season (once the elf has finished all their toy-making chores, of course). I've heard that these elves can get into a lot of "Elfcapades" (aka: mischief) during their stay with their host families. We shall see.... now we have to set out crackers and water every night until our elf arrives. Lots of fun in store for us!!

No comments: