I also can't believe that in the last 48 hours, I have had the worst stomach bug of my life. Because of this, we had to postpone his party and my little man has had to spend his entire day cooped up in the house - with his mama barely able to get off the couch!
However, we occupied our time together by reading books. Lots and lots of books. Can you tell by the pile he made for us on the couch? He would get in my lap, lay his head back on the arm rest and start reading. As soon as it was over, he'd run to the playroom and come back with a new book. Over and over and over again. I felt so bad that I couldn't give him a big celebration on his birthday. However, after spending that time with him on the couch with the thousands of books, I realized that Austin didn't mind one bit. He's just as happy whether he's having a big party or sitting on the couch with his sick mama reading books. He's such a great kid!
Don't worry, though, we will have his real party next week and I promise more photos and video to come of my little guy on his big day!

No comments:
Post a Comment