Tonight, I attended a meeting at Hannah's school by myself. Mike is out of town and Uncle Greg is visiting and enjoyed some quality bonding time with his niece and nephew.
After the meeting, a little girl came up to me and said "Are you Hannah's mom?"
I replied, "Why yes I am. And what is your name?"
She sweetly said "Amani." I told her how much Hannah loves to play with her and how Hannah talks about her all the time. (This is actually one thing Hannah tells me about her day!)
Before I said goodbye to Amani, I asked her, "How did you know I was Hannah's mom?" It occurred to me that there was really no reason for her to know that, simply because Hannah wasn't with me at the time. She replied, almost astounded that I didn't know the answer to this completely obvious question, "Umm.. cause you look just like her."
Okay, okay, I get it. If a five year old knows that I am Hannah's mom simply by looking at me, then I wave my hands in the air in a truce. Yes, we do look alike. We must. It has taken me this long to see it. But through the eyes of a perfect five year old stranger, I must finally admit it as the obvious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Took you long enough. Love, MOM
Post a Comment