What is it about babies and the hour of 3:00 a.m.? They must have an internal clock that says "Oh, oh, it's three o'clock. Hurry, hurry, wake up, wake up."
A few nights ago, while I was rocking Austin back to sleep, I had the sleepy realization that if my children do decide to wake up in the middle of the night (and yes, I am quite lucky because that is an "if" and not a "when") it is ALWAYS during the hour of three o'clock. Always.
It never fails, whether Austin wakes up and needs to be changed or Hannah wakes up and needs to be cuddled, I don't even need to look at the clock. I know it is three something.
This post isn't all about complaining about waking up in the middle of the night. The last few times Austin has gotten up in the middle of the night, all I have to do is change his diaper and then sit with him for a few minutes in the rocker and then put him right back down again.
And even at 3:00 a.m., I absolutely cherish those few minutes with him in the rocker. Remember a previous post about how Austin doesn't fall asleep on us very often? Well, that still holds true to this day. And, if it does happen, it is usually on his daddy late at night.
So, even at 3:00 a.m., I relish in the sweet moments that he puts his sleepy head down on my shoulder and falls asleep. I feel so loved and needed by him in those moments. It won't last forever, so for now, even at the ungodly hour that no other person is awake (except for moms with small children, of course), I will try to enjoy every second of it.
*Just don't tell Mike... in case he wants to get up with him one night too. I'd hate to take that joy away from him - especially at 3:00 a.m.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment