I haven't posted about the munchkins lately, so here are a few thoughts I've had recently:
... Hannah is really growing up way. too. fast. I am not sure why these recent developments have really rocked my world - but they have: she can now officially swing by herself - no help getting started, no help needed with a push. Nope, she is pumping that swing all by her lonesome. Gone are the days when she needs mom at the park. (if we are being honest here, I must admit that in most ways this makes me really, really happy. i mean, i do love sittin' on a park bench, just soaking up the rays...watching my baby girl play.)
... Sittin' on a park bench, just soaking up the rays... watching my baby girl play doesn't actually get to happen, though, because I spend my entire time chasing my baby boy around now. He's a mover and a shaker. He's officially toddlin' all over the place. All over.
... Hannah is a master on her radio flyer scooter. I mean, she is hauling it down the sidewalk. Just yesterday she mastered the art of "scootering" (as we like to call it) where she not only pushes herself down the street, but now, she actually pulls the other foot up on the scooter and just enjoys the ride for a bit. She loves it.
... I am not sure Austin will ever speak. Not that he needs to, really. I guess you could say we communicate in our own way. And by own way, I mean he grunts. I try to figure out what he needs. He grunts more enthusiastically. I begin frantically guessing. Cause what is coming next is no longer a grunt - it's a full-on screech. Oh yea, I'm in panic mode at this point and begin to offer him everything within a 10 foot radius just to get him to be quiet. Hmm... I really have no idea why he won't just start talking and telling me what he needs. It's not like I cater to his every whim.
... Last night I was playing Polly Pockets with Hannah before it was time for bed. (side note: if you don't know what Polly Pockets are - be glad, be very very glad. They are the bane of my existence - they are the size of a pin head and I find them everywhere around my house. Oh, and if I'm really lucky, I find them in my 14 month old son's mouth. Polly Pockets are worth a whole post of their own. But I digress...)
I told Hannah that we could play for five minutes before it was bed time. Well, five minutes was up and I when I told Hannah this, she began to whine a bit and beg a bit for me to play with her some more.
I told her "Okay, we'll play for five more minutes."
She looks at me with a giant grin and says "Mommy, that really means ten minutes."
Confused, I looked at her and said, "Noooooo, it means five minutes."
She said "No, mommy, first I had five minutes and now I have five more. That means ten minutes."
Are you kidding me? Did my four year old really just do simple arithmetic? Sorry, folks, but I had to brag about that one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment