Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stealing: it's not always a bad thing...

I have a teeny, tiny secret to share with you: I am a blog stalker. My most recent obsession is a photographer in Texas who is amazing. While stalking her blog one day, I came across one of her posts where she shares some really cool ideas that she implemented in her home with her photography.

I have another teeny, tiny secret to share with you: I stole the ideas and implemented them in my own home.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

I was looking for an inexpensive way to showcase some of my favorite photos of Hannah over the years, so I came up with (um, stole) the idea to print them at a 12 x 18 size and have them mounted on foam core. Then, I decided (ahem, stole the idea) to mount them using this really cool picture hanging velcro tape. (On a side note: this idea came from my interior designer friend. At least I don't steal from only one person. I spread my stealing around).

Anyway, the velcro makes it very easy for me to change the pictures out once we get tired of them (yea, like that's gonna happen!) and it was a very inexpensive project, because there was no framing involved.

I am so happy with the outcome - mainly because as I sit here and write this to you, I can look to my left, directly into Hannah's room and see them hanging on the wall. Love it!

Oh - and one last teeny, tiny secret to share with you: I LOVE BIG, BIG PICTURES ON MY WALLS. Seriously. I find great joy in looking at them. There are few things that make me happier these days than stealing a glance at the photos on my walls in my home. It just takes my breath away.

1 comment:

-joy said...

YEAH!!! You did it! I'm so proud of you.
Where did you get them printed and mounted? same place and where do you get the special velcro?

Inspiring. thanks for sharing.