When Hannah gets home from school, I try to sit down with her while she has a snack and let her tell me about her day. Believe me, it is HUGE if she shares anything with me at all. I usually get little tid bits throughout the day, but rarely a bunch of information all at one time. Today, though, with the help from some kool aid and some teddy grahams, she shared quite a bit with me. I learned about the morning work she did and how she knew that today was 8-30-10. She also told me about her trip to the library and her snack time. Then we got a little sidetracked talking about her seating arrangements at school. It went something like this...
"Who do you sit with at your table?"
"Well, there are two boys, and one girl. The one girl is me."
"Oh, did you talk to the boys at your table? Are they nice?"
"Yea, their nice."
"Are they cute?"
"Nooooo!" She said mortified that I would even ask such a question. "They are just nice, Mom!" And then she added ever so nonchalantly "Anyway, they aren't my boyfriend."
"Okay, okay... I was just asking!" I said, hoping that I hadn't just prematurely ended the conversation by asking a ridiculous question.
"Besides, I already have a boyfriend anyway," she says, with her hand on her hip.
"Oh, you do, do you?" I asked, a little afraid of her response.
"Uh, yea, Mom. It's Joe. Joe Jonas. Remember?" She asked, like I was the dumbest person on the planet.
"Oh, right, of course. How could I forget?" I replied, trying to save a little face here.
Next she added in a slightly panicked voice "Wait, is Joe the Jonas brother that is married? I forget. One of them is married. It's either Nick or Joe. If it's Joe that is married, then Nick is definitely my boyfriend, not Joe."
At this point, I couldn't control my laughter. Fortunately, she was just as amused as I was. This kid is hilarious - and way too grown up for only five years old.
And for the record, it is Kevin Jonas that is married (yes, I Googled it). So, don't worry baby girl, Joe is still available to be your boyfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment