I left the room for a bit and when I returned, I found Hannah standing in front of the TV jumping up and down and shouting "Day View, Momma! Day View! Look, it's Day View." For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what she was saying because when I glanced at the TV, all I saw was the Buzz Lightyear float.At this point, she was quite insistent that I recognize this "Day View" character with as much enthusiasm as she had. So, in an effort to pacify her, I simply said, "Sure Hannah, its Day View - isn't that great?"
My mom overheard this portion of the conversation and looked at me like I had two heads.
"What did you just say?" she asked me.
"I called him Day View," I told her as I pointed to Buzz Lightyear on the TV. "For whatever reason, she thinks that's his name.”
This where my mother practically starts rolling on the floor with laughter. When she finally regained composer, she said to me "The announcer just said 'here's Buzz Lightyear. This is his parade debut.’"
So, maybe her hearing isn't that great. So, maybe she thinks Buzz Lightyear is named Debut (or as she calls it Day View). Either way, she was thrilled with the parade and she didn't care if she knew the characters' names, much less if she pronounced them right. Ah, the wonder of a child's mind.
1 comment:
I absolutely love reading your blogs! If you ever decide you want to get out of photography I do believe that you could have a career in writing.
Post a Comment