This morning I was awakened by my baby girl's sweet, little voice. It went something like this...
We were in my bed asleep (she actually did stay in her bed all night - SHOCKER! - but crept in about 6:00 a.m. and fell back asleep). Around 7:15 a.m., she rolled over, put her arm around me and squeezed me tight. She whispered in my ear "I love you."
"Oh, honey, I love you too," I quietly replied. Next, she said "Is it going to be a beautiful day today?"
"Actually, I think it is," I said rather groggily. "It is supposed to be nice and sunny."
"Good," she pepped up. "I really want to play on the playground at school today."
To recap, Hannah's first thought this morning when she woke up was that she loved her mommy. Shortly thereafter, her next thought was that she hoped she would get to play on the playground today. Man, I love that kid. Ah, to have life be that simple again...
I am so fortunate to be able to see it all through her eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment