So, I know it is cliché, but I can't help but say it - my little girl is growing up. She no longer has that uneven stringy hair (thanks to the adorable little hair cut we got her!) and those chubby little cheeks that so often accompany that of a little baby. 
No, she no longer has little fat rolls on her legs and her tummy. She no longer sits on our laps for more than a minute and no longer falls asleep on our chests.
Yes, she is growing up. While it does make me nostalgic for the days when she was a baby, learning to crawl or learning to pop cheerios in her mouth, I can't dwell on the past - I can only look to what the future holds for this amazing little girl. I look at her sometimes and can't believe how beautiful she is. She truly takes my breath away. She is learning more and more each day. She craves learning new things... always asking me intuitive questions like "Mommy, why does it rain?" She loves learning her letters - she can recognize almost all the alphabet by heart now and has mastered writing about half of them. She can count to 22 (and I must admit, I have no idea where she learned any number past 10, because that is where her daddy and I stopped teaching her the last time I remember!)

I could go on and on about all of her amazing qualities - but the one that describes Hannah the most is funny. The kid is hilarious! The things she says... she tries to be so grown up in her words - like "You have forgot to be kiddin' me!" (aka " you have got to be kidding me!") Or, "atchually, I don't want jelly and peanut butter for lunch." (aka, "actually, I don't want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.") We often listen to my iPod in the car and I have "Let it Be" on it. She often will request "Mommy, can we listen to little bee."
Now, that I have caught you up on all of Hannah's happenings... rest assured that future posts will not be so long. I had a lot to say to cover the last few years. I hope to continue with the little "Hannah-isms" and to keep you posted on all of her activities this summer... we have dance camp, T-ball camp, pool time, beach time, etc...
1 comment:
hannah in the green dress looks like a joy photo. is it? i love checking in with your blog! may
Post a Comment