Today, I took Austin into our bedroom and put him on the bed with his sister who was watching her morning shows (see previous blog). I needed to get into the shower, so I simply laid him down next to his sister, propped up on the pillow.I proceeded to give Hannah several instructions:
"Here is the burp cloth, in case he spits up."
"Please don't pick him up."
"Please don't pull on him or squeeze him too hard."
She patiently waited for me to conclude my list of instructions and then looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said:
"Mommy, so, if he spits up, you want me to handle it, right?"
"Yes," I replied.
"And, mommy, while you're in the shower, I'm in charge, right?"
I am not sure that most people would leave their 4 month old son in the care of their 3 year old daughter. But, the way I see it, Hannah seemed to have it under control....
As a footnote, I am obviously writing this post-shower. Therefore, you can assume that both my kids made it through this experience (with Hannah in charge) just fine. At least this time. Then again, when I got out of the shower, she did carefully admit to me that she squeezed his arm "kinda hard." Well, at least she's honest....
1 comment:
ooohhhhhh...so that's how you get to take a shower...it's not getting up at 4am, it's having A GIRLLL!!! to help you out!!! :) xoxo
Post a Comment