We just got home from a weekend at the lake with the Thomas family and man, what a great time we had! Hannah is quite the little fish. She is always a little hesitant to try new things - really a bit cautious in nature - but as of the end of last summer, she was really loving the water and getting more and more comfortable. I was worried, though, that she may not be as willing to try it this year, simply because she is a year older and seems to also be a bit wiser to the things that could possibly cause her harm.
Well, have no fear - she pretty much warmed right on up to it. She wears a life jacket in the pool and said more times than not to me today, "Mommy, I don't want you to hold on to me. I've got it." Wow - once again, she is growing up right before my eyes. I am so proud of her and love to see her have fun in the sun!
Oh - and of course, I can't forget about Austin... although, there isn't much to share, simply because he still doesn't do a whole lot. But, mark my words - one of my next few blogs will be about his rolling over. He is close to doing it now and just needs a few more days to practice...
I also can't leave without writing about how lucky we are to have the Thomas family in our lives. It is nothing for us to just pick up one Saturday afternoon and head to the lake to spend the weekend with them. Sometimes they don't even officially invite us - it is just that kind of friendship, the kind where you know you are always welcome and vice versa. They are such a blessing to us - and are truly the only family we have here. It is rare to have the kind of friendships that we have with them. Our children are best friends and so are we. I can't tell you how thankful I am for each and every one of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And to think, I felt GUILTY letting her eat her breakfast on the couch while watching George. You just took all my guilt away!! Love, mimi
And we are so lucky to have you guys in our lives as well! We love our friendship and the fact that things are so easy! My kids love it when the Johnson's are with us on any adventure! WE are EQUALLY blessed!
Hannah did an awesome job learning to "dig" with Terry in the water on Sunday!! And...Austin did an awesome job letting us play while he slept!
Oh...and p.s.....the crumb thing doesn't get any better! Neither do the wrappers! But of course, you see this with mine!
Post a Comment